Below is an example of resume from a Darden MBA graduate.
EDUCATION Darden Graduate School of Business Administration
University of Virginia
Candidate for Masters of Business Administration, May 2002
- Energy Club, Consulting Club, International Business
- GMAT: 760
Beijing Foreign Studies University Beijing, China
Bachelor of Arts, English Literature, May 1993
Summer 2001 Conoco Inc. Houston, TX
Intern, Financial Analysis Group & Upstream Strategy and
Portfolio Management Group
- Developed a post-merger portfolio comparison &
evaluation model to assess the impact of asset
disposition of a newly acquired company on Conoco’s upstream
- Built a comprehensive, user-friendly database for
competitor analysis. Analyzed major
competitors’ positioning vis-ŕ-vis industry peers and made
recommendation on Conoco’s
- Developed an Excel based data extraction template to
simplify use of Bloomberg.
1993-2000 Sinochem Beijing
Sinochem, a Fortune Global 500 company, is China’s leading
diversified trading firm, with
$15 billion in revenue and 8,000 employees worldwide.
Sinochem International Oil Beijing
Strategic Project Developer 2000
- Led evaluation of $1 billion oil refinery project in
Hainan, China. Examined feasibility report,
Analysis built financial forecast model and conducted
scenario analysis. Made recommendation to the
management on investing strategy.
- Negotiated and executed a crude oil trade financing deal
worth $100 million, involving the State
Development Import and Export Bank, a private high-tech
company and an independent oil producer.
- Initiated extensive research into more than 20 small to
medium-sized refineries along China’s
east coast to identify potential M&A target for Sinochem’s
strategic downstream integration.
Crude Oil Trader 1999
Quantitative • Traded crude oil, primarily on London oil market,
both on commission and on proprietor basis.
Skill • Analyzed London IPE oil futures market and provided
weekly market report to SINOPEC, the
operator of major domestic refineries. Advised coastal
refineries on production schedule based
on market trend forecast.
Sinochem Hong Kong Holdings Hong Kong
Director of President’s Office 1998
- Coordinated corporate restructuring at the holding
company and its six subsidiaries in Hong
Planning Kong as prompted by Asian financial crisis, cutting
administrative costs by 25%.
- Authored three-year strategic development plan for the
holding company after extensive
research and communication with managers at different levels
of the organization.
Sinochem Headquarters Beijing
Assistant to CEO 1996-1997
Foreign Affairs Manager 1993-1994
- Assisted the CEO in analyzing and synthesizing daily
- Gained unique insights into the complexity of business
decision-making in an economy that
is not driven solely by market forces.
Commission of the European Union Brussels, Belgium
More Examples of Resume: